The benefits of PFI Membership are listed on this page.
All PFI-Canada members may:
- be put in touch with other members available for contact by mail, email or phone as permitted by the other member(s)
- meet other pagans from around the world
- have access to the member-only newsletter hub: Pagan World Online
- participate in the PFI international forums and its member-only sections
- receive member discounts in all Pagan Federation events around the globe
- be invited to members-only Pagan events
- and, above all, contribute to a long-standing and international pagan NGO!
Subscribing members also receive the Pagan Federation’s two-monthly glossy magazine Pagan Dawn (published in English only) if they choose that membership option.
We offer two membership options, with or without a subscription to Pagan Dawn, within each class.
To become a Member of PFI, you must be aged 18 or over; must consider yourself to be a Pagan and must accept the three principles of the Pagan Federation which give the Pagan Federation its common purpose and focus:
- Love for and Kinship with Nature. Reverence for the life force and its ever-renewing cycles of life and death.
- A positive morality, in which the individual is responsible for the discovery and development of their true nature in harmony with the outer world and community. This is often expressed as “Do what you will, as long as it harms none”.
- Recognition of the Divine, which transcends gender, acknowledging both the female and male aspect of Deity.
If you feel you can live within those boundaries and would like to join us, please write a letter about yourself, telling how you became interested in Paganism, your experiences with it, whether you told your friends and family and if so, how they reacted, any books you’ve found particularly helpful, your particular interests, and anything else you might think relevant. People new to Paganism who are sincere seekers are welcome, as well as experienced Pagans.
Once we receive your letter we will send you an invitation to join PFI-Canada, along with a form to fill in and return with payment of the appropriate membership fee. Do not send membership fees until you have received an invitation to join.
Current yearly membership fees can be consulted here: http://www.paganfederation.org/for-members/payments/
(Please, do not make any payments until your membership applications has been approved by your National Coordinator and you have been instructed to do so!)
To join PFI – Canada, please write an email telling us about yourself and your interest and experience in Paganism. Please print out and complete the membership application form and send this along.
You can also email us at: email@example.com
if you have any questions regarding this process.
So what does membership in PFI – Canada give me?
The membership fee without Pagan Dawn includes:
- A one year membership to the Pagan Federation;
- You can request to be put in touch with other members available for contact by mail, email or phone as permitted by the other member(s) – this is very helpful if you are travelling or moving to a new city;
- one year subscription to the quarterly networking PFI E-Journal: Pagan World. Each issue contains news and information specifically for the PF members from around the world;
- access to the contacts network and the Members-only Internet discussion group;
- meet other pagans from around the world through the international forum;
- discounts on PF products;
- discounts on all Pagan Federation Conferences;
- invitations to members only excursions, events and gatherings;
- opportunities to volunteer in your local community for PFI events.
- Members can also become involved in the administrative and campaigning work of the PF, if they wish to do so. After one year, members are eligible to vote in elections for the PF committee;
- stand for election to PFI offices.
The membership fee with Pagan Dawn includes:
- All of the above mentioned benefits
- A one year subscription to Pagan Dawn magazine. Please note that this publication contains mostly information and news mostly relevant to the United Kingdom, although the articles are of excellent calibre;
- Members’ News supplement to the Pagan Dawn magazine
To join the Pagan Federation International – Canada:
- Please send us an email telling us about yourself and your interest/experience in Paganism; and let us know that you wish to join PFI-Canada.
- This email is for your PFI Canada Coordinator, to find out a little something about you. Your email will be treated as confidential, of course; as is your membership information.
- Please remember to indicate the level of membership you wish to commit to.
- If you are accepted to the PFI-Canada, you will be sent a detailed application form. DO NOT SEND MONEY NOW!
The PF member’s magazine, Pagan Dawn, is also available to non-members for an annual fee. A large full-colour glossy magazine published by the PF in England, each issue of Pagan Dawn includes news, articles, reviews, a pull-out contacts section, and much more.
If you wish to subscribe to Pagan Dawn without becoming a member of The Pagan Federation, please contact International Coordinator Morgana Sythove.
You can check the current prices of a Pagan Dawn subscription only (you will not be a member of the PF) in the following link: http://www.paganfederation.org/for-members/payments/
Pagan World Online
Since its early beginnings of PFI, Pagan World has been the magazine for our members, a place where all of them could share their impressions or points of view on different subjects. It has been also a way for members to be aware of the major events of PFI and to enjoy an ‘international pagan reading’.
Starting as a printed humble quarterly newsletter, it changed to a more modern and eco-friendly format with the launching of Pagan Plaza (which is still available), the PFI archive of Pagan World and each PFI Nations’ Newsletters. It has even become multilingual! Showing the diversity amongst PFI Nations.
Now, Pagan World has evolved once again, to an online and more interactive format.
Members won’t have to download the docs/PDFs anymore. You will be able to read the articles online, everywhere, without downloading them. You are also able to comment, discuss and rate them!
Moreover, Pagan World online has become also the platform for some of the PFI Nations’ Newsletters and will eventually host others!
If you are a PFI member and have yet to receive your password, please contact Nuhyn. Pagan World is not available to non-members.
Note: The password is changed regularly, with new passwords given to valid PFI-Canada members.
Be sure to let us know when you renew your membership so you don’t lose access while your cheque or money order is being processed.